American Federation of Mineralogical Societies (AFMS)
Eastern Federation of Mineralogical and Lapidary Societies (EFMLS)
Gem Artists of North America (G.A.N.A.)
– Professionals and artists. Check out their gallery!
The Gemological Institute of America (GIA)
International Gem Society (IGS)
– Much educational information.
International Guild of Wire Jewelry Artists
– A non profit umbrella organization promoting wire art jewelry.
Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen
– Promotes, encourages, and helps to develop quality contemporary and heritage crafts.
Cape Atlantic Rockhounds
Central Pennsylvania Rock And Mineral Club, Inc.
Che-Hanna Rock And Mineral Club, Inc.
Delaware Valley Earth Science Society, Inc.
Delaware Mineralogical Society
Gem Cutters Guild of Baltimore, Inc.
Gem, Lapidary And Mineral Society of Montgomery Co., MD Inc.
Gem and Mineral Hunters of Virginia
Nittany Mineralogical Society
OlympicRocks.com and Clallam County Gem & Mineral Society
– A Washington state rock and gem club and a lapidary specific search engine.
Pennsylvania Earth Sciences Association, Inc.
The Philadelphia Mineralogical Society
The Delaware County Arts Consortium (DCAC) is a collaborative association of cultural groups in Delaware County working to advance the economic vitality of the nonprofit arts & culture community, to promote the value of cultural resources to the local community, and to share information, ideas and resources to better serve Delaware County.
Click on the logo to the left for the Delaware County Arts Calendar at the Philly Fun Guide.
Canadian Rockhound Magazine
– A social networking site for collectors of minerals, fossils, and gemstones.
– Lapidary and jewelry arts.
– A mineralogical/geological book publisher, including the English language editions of the
prestigious German mineralogical series extraLapis.
Rock & Gem
– A magazine for the lapidary and mineral hobbyist.
Bob's Rock Shop
– On-line exhibit, (with a link to Rock & Gem Magazine online) Bulletin board, shareware,
software, articles, essays, contests, classified ads, US club list, and much more.
– A website with a jewelry glossary page using many photographs.
– Spellbinding site with excellent quality images and tutorials.
US Geological Survey Site
– All about mineral resources.
Information on Moissanite
Museum of Mineralogy
– Specimen photographs. Search by country of origin, mineral name, and quality of samples.
In French and English.
– Contains descriptions of 4,714 mineral species with pictures, data and links.
Wire Artists Group
– Formed to further the interests of artists who use wire to create beautiful jewelry.
– A source of out-of-print books and overstocks.
Please visit our list of dealers and vendors who come to our annual gem, jewelry and mineral show - Gemarama.